This program provides students with key concepts of information security, technical and practical job skills necessary to secure, protect and defend network infrastructures and an organization's valuable data assets.
The curriculum provides a broad understanding of cybersecurity concepts, industry best practices for information security and key security concepts that will protect an organization against fraud, data breaches and other vulnerabilities. The program is designed to prepare information and digital security professionals with the ability to manage, provide policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, and policy framework, assess and mitigate risk and integrate advanced security solutions.
The growing Internet security sector requires an in-depth understanding of cybersecurity issues, fundamental Internet architecture and protocols. In addition, network security skills such as packet, vulnerability, exploit analysis, and cybersecurity research are also discussed. This program focuses on the vulnerabilities of automobiles and other methods of transportation. Graduates will develop highly marketable skills that are required in the cybersecurity field, especially with automotive firms.
Information or system security analysts analyze and test systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies, and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Graduates of this program may typically find employment in both the automotive cybersecurity field as well as the broader category of manufacturing and supply chain cybersecurity field. Graduates may also find employment in the utilities and finance sectors.
While incidents of cyber-attacks in the automotive manufacturing sector have notably increased in recent years, many companies are not prepared or do not have significant processes in place to identify or respond to security breaches. It has been determined that ISO/SAE 21434 will be the international industry standard used as the baseline for vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to ensure cybersecurity risks are managed. This will lead to an increased demand for cybersecurity specialists in the automotive manufacturing sector. Windsor-Essex has positioned itself to be able to lead the way in automotive, and manufacturing cybersecurity and to become a hub within the industry.
Laddering opportunities into the Cybersecurity - Automobility Program exist for graduates of Information Technology, Computer Systems Technology - Networking, Computer Systems Technician - Networking, Computer Science, Web Development and Internet Applications, Mobile Applications Development, Computer Programming or Engineering Programs from a recognized College, or University or from those possessing a degree/diploma from a related field of study.
Graduates may be able to receive credit toward further education in related post-secondary diplomas, advanced diplomas, or degree programs.
Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree, or equivalent.
Successful applicants will have a background in Information Technology, Computer Systems Technology - Networking, Computer Systems Technician - Networking, Computer Science, Web Development and Internet Applications, or Engineering Programs.
The English proficiency requirement for international students is IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5; or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) of 550 or internet-based test (iBT) 78; or Pearson Test of English (PTE) Level 51.
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
- Intel I7 or AMD A10 processor or better with a chipset that must support virtualization
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 TB hard drive
- Ethernet Network Card
- Wireless Network Card
- One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)
- 3 Yr comprehensive parts and labour (Recommended)
- Windows 10 Professional Edition
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Cybersecurity - Automobility (Ontario College Graduate Certificate) (MTCU Code 73002)
The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Develop and implement cybersecurity solutions to protect network systems and data for Connected Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs).
- Plan and implement security assessment methodologies, vulnerability management strategies, and incident response procedures to generate security analysis reports.
- Recommend innovative strategies, processes, and procedures to protect automotive organizations against emerging cybersecurity attacks to the Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs) ecosystem.
- Design in-vehicle security architecture to operate all Electronic Control Units (ECUs) inside the vehicle in isolated segments.
- Comply with Canadian jurisdictional guidelines, automobility industry policies, regulations, and ethical standards for the safe testing and use of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs).
- Analyze security risks to organizations and business processes to mitigate risk to Connected and Autonomous Vehicles and their components, as outlined by industry consortiums and Transport Canada.
- Plan and conduct disaster recovery, forensic investigations, and incident responses to support an organization's Business Continuity.
- Conduct penetration testing to identify and exploit system vulnerabilities in Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs).
- Communicate effectively and professionally to support an inclusive and respectful work environment in a Canadian workplace.
- Resolve vulnerabilities and security incidents found in Electronic Control Units (ECUs) of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs) i compliance with Transport Canada security guidelines and recommendations.
- Protect Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) through the implementation of secure communication channels such as Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I), Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle to Cloud (V2C), Vehicle to Pedestrian (V2P), Vehicle to Device (V2D), Vehicle to Grid (V2G) and Vehicle to Everything (V2X)