St. Clair College provides you with opportunities to kick-start your career, especially in the skilled trades. If you're looking for a career as a CNC machinist, tool or mold maker, then this unique "Earn While You Learn" program is the perfect place to start.
This 46-week program provides you with the following:
- Free tuition
- Real-world experience working on actual parts for industry partners.
- Personal protective equipment
Currently, the program consists of the following:
- 6 weeks of in-class/shop floor workplace readiness training (paid by 2 bursaries 3 weeks apart) (Monday - Thursday from 7 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - 24 hrs./wk.)
- 40 weeks (Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - 32 hrs./wk.) of shop-floor training (student paid hourly)
The program provides you with the following skillsets:
- Safety training
- Technical math
- Blueprint reading
- Training on a wide variety of state-of-the-art equipment
- Job readiness
- After successful completion of this program, students will receive a Precision Metal Cutting Certificate and first-year exemption towards their apprenticeship
If you are interested in entering the program, please send resumes to:
Skilled Trades Regional Training Centre
3403 St. Etienne Blvd.
Windsor ON N8W 5B1
Aptitude testing is required to enter the program.
The curriculum below is for incoming students: