The Esports Administration and Entrepreneurship Program equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge to thrive in the dynamic and fast-paced world of esports. With a focus on both business and entrepreneurship, students will gain a deep understanding of the intricacies of organized multiplayer video game competitions.
Courses cover a range of topics including sports management, media production, event management, entrepreneurship, team and league administration, and marketing. The program provides a well-rounded education on esports, including its history, video game culture, content creation and broadcast, and the use of platforms such as Twitch and YouTube.
In addition to traditional classroom learning, students will have ample opportunities to apply their knowledge through hands-on experiences. From planning and organizing large-scale esports events to getting a taste of what it's like to work in the industry, students will gain real-world insights and valuable skills. This program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive education in esports administration and entrepreneurship, positioning them for success in the rapidly growing esports industry.
The Nexus: A state-of-the-art esports facility featuring an Esports Broadcast Lab, Open Gaming Lab, and Varsity Training Rooms. It also has a competition stage equipped with industry-standard broadcasting equipment, providing students with access to the latest technology and tools to refine their skills.
Work Integrated Learning: Collaborate with the St. Clair Saints varsity esports program and industry partners to gain real-world experience and make industry connections.
Hands-on Content Creation: Learn to create engaging content for platforms like Twitch and YouTube through hands-on training and gain the skills to continue broadcasting even after graduation.
Career-Oriented Curriculum: Our program is designed with a strong focus on preparing students for successful careers in the esports industry, with courses covering a wide range of topics, including esports administration, entrepreneurship, media production, and event management.
Experiential Learning Opportunities: Participate in various relevant and practical learning experiences, such as planning and executing large-scale competitive esports events, to apply your knowledge and gain valuable skills.
Strong Industry Connections: Our program has established relationships with leading companies in the esports industry, providing students with a direct path to career opportunities and growth.
A diploma in Esports Administration and Entrepreneurship can open up a wealth of exciting career opportunities in the rapidly growing esports industry. Graduates may find roles as esports administrators, event managers, media producers, marketing specialists, or entrepreneurs. The industry is in high demand for professionals who have a deep understanding of both the technical and business aspects of esports and a diploma in this field can demonstrate expertise in both areas. Graduates may work for esports teams, game publishers, and event management companies, or start their own esports businesses. With the industry projected to continue its exponential growth, the job market for esports professionals is expected to remain robust, providing a wealth of opportunities for those with the skills and knowledge gained through a diploma in Esports Administration and Entrepreneurship.
- B. Comm from Nipissing University (delivered on the St. Clair College campus)
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C ), University (U), University/College (M), or Open (O) level.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
|Accounting Concepts I
|Introduction To Canadian Business
|Introduction To Esports
|Esports Media Production I
|Introduction To Sport Marketing
|Introduction To Sport Management
|Accounting Concepts II
|Program And Event Management
|Business Communications I
|The Esports Industry
|Esports Media Production II
|Choose 1 Elective Course
|Team And League Management
|Administration Of Esports Projects I
|Esports Media Production III
|Sport And The Law
|Choose 1 Elective Course
|Marketing Design Technologies
|Administration Of Esports Projects II
|Esports Media Production IV
|Choose 1 Elective Course
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Esports Administration and Entrepreneurship (Ontario College Diploma) (52211)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Select and effectively use technology and software programs relevant to both the esports and traditional sports industries.
- Develop an integrated marketing communication strategy for marketing products, concepts, goods, or services for both esports and traditional sports organizations.
- Apply entrepreneurial strategies to respond to opportunities in both the esports and traditional sports industries.
- Develop business strategies for both an esports and traditional sports organization which take into account the current political and economic environment and considers historical context.
- Perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices.
- Apply leadership strategies and best practices to accomplish organizational goals.
- Employ accounting and financial information to support the operations of an esports and traditional sports organization.
- Apply sports research analytics to examine and support strategic, evidence-based decision-making.
- Plan, organize and deliver Esports projects, tournaments and events.
- Employ environmentally sustainable practices in Esports and traditional sports industries.
- Implement physical activity, fitness and lifestyle strategies for Esports players to enhance personal health and well-being.
- Communicate effectively with diverse teams through the preparation and delivery of presentations.