This one-year graduate certificate program is designed to equip students with cybersecurity knowledge and skills necessary in the public and private sectors. Students will learn cybersecurity concepts of cryptography, cyber forensics, and network security, in addition to topics such as mobile network security, cloud security, and ethical hacking techniques and tools. Coursework in this program also addresses social, legal, and ethical considerations of cybersecurity. The program is designed as a blend of theoretical and practical learning opportunities.
While incidents of cyber-attacks in the manufacturing sector have notably increased in recent years companies are working toward developing and implementing processes to identify and/or respond to security breaches. This will lead to an increased demand for cybersecurity specialists in various sectors. The growth in job opportunities in the cybersecurity field is driven by technological innovation and infrastructure upgrades to increase data security. These job opportunities require workers with skills in blockchain technologies, cybersecurity, predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Windsor-Essex has positioned itself to be able to lead the way in automotive, and manufacturing cybersecurity and to become a hub within the industry.
Graduates of this program may typically find employment in the cybersecurity category of manufacturing and supply chain cybersecurity fields. Graduates may also find employment in the utilities and finance sectors.
Laddering opportunities into the Cybersecurity Program exist for graduates of Information Technology, Computer Systems Technology - Networking, Computer Systems Technician - Networking, Computer Science, Web Development and Internet Applications or Engineering Programs from a recognized College, or University or from those possessing a degree/diploma from a related field of study.
Graduates may be able to receive credit toward further education in related post-secondary diplomas, advanced diplomas, or degree programs.
Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree, or equivalent.
Successful applicants will have a background in Information Technology, Computer Systems Technology - Networking, Computer Systems Technician - Networking, Computer Programming, Web Development and Internet Applications, Mobile Applications Development or Engineering Programs.
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
- Intel I7 or AMD A10 processor or better with a chipset that must support virtualization
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 TB hard drive
- Ethernet Network Card
- Wireless Network Card
- One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)
- 3 Yr comprehensive parts and labour (Recommended)
- Windows 10 Professional Edition
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Cybersecurity (Ontario College Graduate Certificate) (MTCU Code 73002)
The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Design and formulate information security solutions for business processes and underlying technologies to protect the organization from internal and external threats.
- Create and document processes required for the maintenance and deployment of information controls solutions.
- Devise and implement information security solutions in compliance with security policies, standards, and regulations.
- Apply project management tools and techniques to manage the communication and resources invested in responding to an enterprise information security issue.
- Evaluate the reliability of information security controls through security audits to identify and address risks.
- Develop and deliver internal cybersecurity training to increase awareness and compliance with security policies.
- Explain an organization’s information security protocols, policies and audit results by various mechanisms including presentations and written reports tailored to the intended audience.
- Communicate professionally and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in support of cybersecurity objectives.
- Analyze vulnerability using threat intelligence tools to identify and recommend potential solutions to security issues.
- Resolve security issues of the communication networks by analyzing overall networks and their interconnected components.